Have you just bought a car, or are you planning to invest in one? Be aware that car insurance bill is an integral part of the fees you must consider as well as fuel or parking rates. Depending on your driver profile, as well as the type of your vehicle, the price of the insurance varies. Similarly, the most expensive is not necessarily the best for your needs, because not all insurance covers the same risks.
Effective auto insurance comparator
The car insurance is compulsory. Before asking for a free quote through any of the companies offering their quote online, do not hesitate to provide your information such as driver’s license, registration, certificate of your previous insurance if it is not your first subscription that will refine your application.
Remember that it is legally mandatory to have car insurance. Driving without warranty for your vehicle may result in the following penalties:
- Lump sum amount of fine
- Up to 3 years of suspension of your driver’s license
- Driving prohibition (depending on the type of vehicle)
- Confiscation of your car
Third-party auto insurance
In the event of a car accident, third-party insurance only covers the damage (material and bodily) caused to others and for which you are responsible. This is also called civil liability. On the other hand, it does not take into account the damage suffered by your own vehicle. This means that in the event of a claim, you will be covered for the injury of another driver/rider and the damage to his vehicle. However, repairs to be made on your car will be entirely your responsibility if you are responsible for the accident. Your bonus-mauls will also be updated by the insurance and will be taken into account in the number of your next contributions. For the car insurance bill, this is very important.
Using an online auto insurance comparator will allow you to do several things:
- Estimate the budget of your project,
- Choose a suitable and competitive offer,
- Change the scheme to save money.
However, if you are not the person responsible for the accident according to the report, then your insurance will contact that of the other vehicle for the assumption of the repairs.
When to insure your car with the third party?
- It is generally recommended not to insure your car with a third party if the vehicle is older than 5 years. Indeed, the amount of the contribution may be higher than the Argus rating of the vehicle.
- If your car is a used one and you want cheap car insurance you can certainly go for third party insurance.
Intermediate car insurance:
Intermediate auto insurance is third-party auto insurance that also covers broken glass, theft, and fire. Some intermediate insurance also offers guarantees against storms and natural disasters. It, therefore, includes third-party liability as third-party insurance but has collateral for events unrelated to a car accident. The details are listed in the contract.
All-risk car insurance
This is the most comprehensive auto insurance. It takes the guarantees of car insurance to third and intermediate (theft, broken glass, fire) but it also covers you for damages for which you are responsible (non-liable damages are covered by the insurance of the driver responsible). Finally, your vehicle is also covered in case of damage.
Note: This is car insurance without a deductible for civil liability.
When to insure your car all-risks car insurance:
- If the vehicle is new.
- If the vehicle is a valuable one(vintage car, luxury car).
- If you want your vehicle to be covered even in the event of an accident.
How to get a quote from an auto insurance company:
All you need to do is, visit the website of any of the car insurance company and enter your driver profile, your insurance profile, your vehicle type and your contact details etc in their provided fields. Their online comparator then searches for the offers best suited to your needs from the list of their partner insurers. You can then quickly compare the rates and warranties for each formula. You can even compare in detail up to 3 offers (details of rates and fees, details of deductibles payable, details of guarantees etc). Finally, you will receive an online quote, contact a consultant directly or subscribe directly to the selected car insurance.
Reduce the car insurance bill
To reduce the cost of using your car, do not neglect the “insurance” budget. Here are some good tips to ensure you cheaper.
- Enjoy an eco car. Recently, discounts of up to 32% are offered to you if you adopt a green behavior. This means using a car that emits less than 130g CO 2 / km and is considered safe, or if you use public transport to get to work. Compared to the cheaper conventional contracts, these offers are not as advantageous as they appear, but still, allow you to save a hefty amount in a year.
- Change your insurance every year: New customers often take advantage of welcome offers. They usually come in the form of a promotion, free options or the first months offered. To take advantage of this, you will have to cancel your insurance by sending a registered letter with AR, 2 to 3 months before the end of your contract (see “termination clauses” of the company you are choosing). But if you have had recent accidents or mauls, refrain from doing this.
Compare prices on the web
Thanks to the Internet, you can compare the prices of dozens of insurers by filling only one request. There are some special sites available for this. You just have to get hold of those sites. It’s the quickest and easy overview of the rates corresponding to your profile.
Whether you leave with your vehicle in the United States or decide to rent a car from our neighbors to the south or elsewhere in the world, do you have to take out an additional car insurance policy in order to be well protected?
According to the organization, your policy should “normally work” if you are traveling to the United States with your vehicle. In the event you need to rent a car, consider contacting your insurer prior to departure to be sure your policy contains the FAQ 27 endorsement that confirms that you are covered with a vehicle that is not yours.
You should have the same protections elsewhere in Canada and the United States as here in Quebec. CAA-Quebec also recommends that all drivers be insured for $ 2 million in civil liability when they cross the border.